So, who cares anyway?
What’s the purpose of reading a blog about a high school student interning Jesse White? I mean, I’m either going to relay information that anyone can find online, or, just spew paragraphs on what I did one day, right? Not quite. My blog, aside from narrating my day-to-day activities as an intern, offers reasonably more than just that. Just to name a few..
- Explaining the history, in a hopefully interesting and lively way, of the position of Secretary of State and other related material
- Q&As with the Secretary himself
- Opinion pieces on policies & regulations
- Interning 101
- Examining a day in the life of Jesse White & other politicians
- Offering self-made powerpoints, presentations, and documents about the priorities of Secretary White
- Providing and interpreting statistics & records on safe driving, organ donations, and other concerns of Jesse White’s administration
Aside from the abundance of different and engaging article topics, how does this blog really affect you? How will you benefit from reading all this? Primarily, it helps you become an informed citizen. Odds are you or someone you know has a driver’s license. It would seem quite foolish to carry around a license and drive on the roads of Illinois without even knowing who issued you the license and how it happened. Be knowledgeable. Read my blog.
The largest perk that my site offers is that, for the next few months, I’ll be working directly with Jesse White’s office. Conversations I have with him and his coworkers are going to direct where my blog goes. I am not doing a research paper on the Secretary of State, but rather, I am writing to you with him. If there are any questions you have, just navigate to the Contact Me page and ask!