7/31/19 – Wednesday
I cannot give enough thanks to Vernalynne for her support throughout the internship. She was so interactive, flexible, and willing to answer my questions – as well as give advice – virtually at any time. This was by far the most rewarding internship experience that I have had, especially because I know that my impacts were immediate and beneficial to those most in need.
Here are some of the things I have accomplished throughout the internship:
- I have attended meetings with other interns, as well as ‘social service agencies, law enforcement, schools, community-based organizations’.
- I have engage with business owners in the Chinatown community using Mandarin or English in order to raise awareness about the coalition and the need to prevent the use of harmful substances by youth in our community.
- I have written research papers and articles to promote the coalition’s prevention efforts.
- I have prepared presentations for the organization to use and display to others.
- I have managed social media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook.
- I have distributed campaign materials such as posters, flyers, and brochures to business owners, various organizations and members of the community.
Overall, I hope to come back sometime in the near future to volunteer and help continue McKUDOS’ success, as well as attend coalition meetings and do whatever I can. I know that the McKinley Park Underage Drinking and Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition will continue to grow and work hard in order to further their mission, one that I truly believe in. Ending substance abuse among the youth is an urgent necessity, and I know that McKUDOS is doing their role in ending this pressing issue.